I have over 8,000 skydives, and I specialise in customising, modifying and testing parachute equipment. I spend most of my time as a Skydiving Coordinator for the TV & Film industry
I started skydiving in 1979 and all certificates and awards below can be verified by BS (British Skydiving), the USPA (United States Parachute Association) & KNVvL De Koninklijke Nederlandse Vereniging voor Luchtvaart.
Skydiving stunt coordinator is my present job but I did my first skydive at langar parachute centre and spent two years as a club member before leaving to join the Parachute Regiment. I spent five years on the Red Devils Parachute Display Team taking part in exhibitions around the world. I left to join GQ Parachutes as a project engineer designing and testing parachutes.
After GQ Parachutes, I set up my own company called Sky Science to sell and service parachute equipment.
After selling Sky Science I moved from the UK to open a parachute centre in Spain which I sold after 8 years so I could return to the job I love the most.
I am currently running Skydive Specialists which now focuses on the stunt industry and project work, and more recently jet speed flying courses.
I have worked on Mission Impossible x 3 – James Bond x 3 – Tomb Raider x 2 – Black Widow – Infinite – Citadel – Strike Back – Blindspot – True Hero’s – Batman Begins – Mr Lonely – The King’s Man – You Bet – Notting Hill – Saving Private Ryan – The Borrowers – The Late Late Show with James Corden – Cutting Edge – Behind the Fallout – MTV Movie Special – Just Another Day; taking part in and coordinating skydiving stunts and manufacturing custom safety harnesses for the stunt crew and major movie stars
As a BS Examiner I spent five years as chairman of the BS Riggers Committee and member of the Safety And Training Committee. During this period I spent thousands of hours working on varies BS projects to develop training systems and improve safety within the sport.
I’ve worked on many drop zones as an instructor and I’ve worked on all types of parachute equipment. I’ve trained & qualified skydivers to pack, service and repair parachutes as well as working with many parachute manufacturers as a dealer selling their equipment and working at their establishments. I’ve travelled to drop zones all over the world and taken part in many parachute symposiums and given presentations to the worlds top skydivers.
- BPA Instructor
- BPA Tandem Instructor
- BPA RAPS Instructor
- BPA Canopy Formation Coach (National Champion 2003)
- BPA Canopy Handling Coach
- BPA Formation Skydiving Coach
- BPA AFF Instructor
- BPA Advanced Rigger
- BPA Rigger Examiner
- BPA Display Jumper
- USPA Tandem Instructor
- USPA AFF Instructor
- USPA IAD Instructor
- USPA Formation Skydiving Coach
- USPA Static Line Instructor
- USPA Safety & Training Advisor
- KNVvL Master Rigger
- KNVvL AFF Instructor
- Parachute Test Jumper
- Military Parachutist
- HALO Skydiving
- Speed Flying Pilot
- Paragliding pilot
- Aero Sports Connection, Powered Parachute Instructor
- Freefall Cameraman, 35mm film, Imax 70mm film camera as well as modern 8K digital cameras with various lenses
Most Memorable Skydives
- Jumping from 25,000ft out of a C17 aircraft for Mission Impossible
- A fifty man display from four thousand feet for Prince Charles
- Jumping Into Wembley while doing CF and wearing football kit.
- Jumping Into Buckingham Palace with a Union Jack Parachute
- Being in the Guinness Book Of Records for balloon jumping
- Speed Ten competition winners with a nineteen second average (No Show)
- 4th Of July Demo in the USA to a crowd of a hundred thousand
- Taking my son on a Tandem Skydive at the age of nine years old
- Teaching the Kenyan Army: Display Jumping and Canopy Formation
- A Diamond Formation canopy wrap & cutting away at five hundred feet
- Test jumping the Scuba Diving/Sky Diving system for a James Bond Film
- Jumping a Super Puma Helicopter after packing on the way to altitude
- Jumping the 70mm 3 D Imax Camera on a Batman Film
- Jumping the first parachute system that I manufactured
- A nine point sixteen way FS Skydive
- An eighteen man CF Stack
- Jumping out of a British Airways 146 Jet Airliner
- Test Jumping and cutting away canopies
- Canopy rotations during competitions
- Testing The Switchblade for a James Bond Film
- Jumping the push bike on a Mr Lonely Film
- Landing a Diamond CF Formation into water
- British Record – The 100 way Formation Skydive
- Hundreds of amazing parachute displays
- My first aircraft emergency exit at nine hundred feet
- My first malfunction on jump number 538 on a display
- CF National Gold Medal Winner in four man sequential